At Plandek, we believe “done” only tells half the story. Agile engineering teams need deeper, more comprehensive, and actionable insights across the end-to-end delivery cycle.
Engineering teams want deeper, more meaningful insights across the end-to-end delivery cycle. Technology leaders want to foster a more data-driven culture that will empower teams and enable them to understand and communicate how their Agile capabilities are evolving and delivering value to customers.
That’s why we built Plandek, a metrics platform that provides better visibility of the Agile software development process to empower engineering teams and inform technology leaders. You might think of it as Google Analytics for software delivery teams.
Plandek is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed together, based on merit. This is a remote role, but you must be based in the UK.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join Plandek. You’ll take ownership of one of our core value streams and, with support from our Head of Product, execute from ideation to delivery on a number of exciting features.
- You will work within a cross-functional team on a daily basis, providing guidance to solve challenges and ensure the smooth delivery of high-quality features to our end users.
- You will manage the roadmap for your value stream, and plan, schedule, and track work to meet time and quality targets
- You will be an integral part of building out the product capability at Plandek, adding value to the overall product strategy and roadmap definition.
- Possess strong User Empathy and are passionate about delivering great customer experience and products. An eye for design (UX/UI) and obsessive about detail
- Working under the broad guidance of the Head of Product, you’re capable of working independently and taking the initiative. You’re ambitious and comfortable working in a start-up environment, and happy to be the day-to-day problem solver
- Ability to understand technical implementation details and comfortable challenging other team members
- Good understanding of agile methodologies, processes and tools. You can clearly identify data points across the tools (i.e. workflow, versioning, and CI/CD) and the delivery process that will enrich the insights of our platform
- You’re comfortable with basic statistics. You don’t need to be a maths savant, but you are comfortable with basic concepts such as percentiles, rolling averages, outliers, etc. and can spot and explain anomalies in data.
- Comfortable writing and communicating requirements and relevant documentation, and supporting the team throughout the delivery process. You can communicate fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You’ll have experience with wire-framing and supporting and/or executing User Research
- Always curious and eager to learn new skills. You can challenge your own thinking and those around you. “Good enough” is never good enough.
- Able to turn problems into opportunities
- You’re comfortable using Jira and/or Azure, particularly query languages such as JQL
It would be nice, but not essential to have:
- Comfortable using analytics tools to understand user behaviour
- Experience using other key tools with which we integrate: Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions
- Experience with the CD3 prioritisation method
What does your day-to-day look like?
Morning Stand-Up with the team:
- Working with a dedicated team to unlock any blockers
- Giving guidance and support on features in development all the time driving the team forward to the goal.
Focused ideation work :
- Thinking about the next killer feature from your value stream and taking it from ideation to ready for development.
Collaborating with other business functions and users:
- Talking about upcoming features and aligning expectations around delivery dates.
- Learning about what we’re hearing from the market and being creative about how that can translate into the Plandek product.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in and make your mark on a young, growing business with a “start-up” ethos
- A social, friendly and diverse group of colleagues who support each other’s growth and success
- The freedom and ability to shape your future and realise your personal and professional ambitions
- Flexible, remote working
- The base salary for this role is 60,000 GBP annually. Options may be available based on performance.
- We don’t expect you to know everything from the start. At Plandek we really foster an environment that allows our staff the space to learn.
- Screening Call
- Competency Call with Hiring Manager
- Final Interview and Challenge
Apply now via LinkedIn